Register

Tales of a Paparazza

Attending

Tales of a Paparazza

Postby Diana » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Another bookmarked Justin mention on my laptop....

In this interview with a paparazza, Jennifer Buhl, she says that set of pics where Justin is with his family and they adopt a dog (2007) is her favorite and the pictures she made the most money off of.

What was your favorite claim-to-fame photo?

My favorite photo happens to be Justin Chambers from "Grey's Anatomy." He has five kids and he adopted a new puppy, and they were all in the same frame, and that's really hard. Every time the news media wanted to talk about him, they printed that picture. I made more on that picture than anything. To clarify, maybe $7 or 8,000.

The full interview can be read here: Q&A: Jennifer Buhl, paparazza

This is the picture that has been used a lot when the media talks about Justin having 5 kids.

If the pap that took the pic made from $7000-$8000 off the picture I wonder how much Pacific Coast News (the agency that bought the rights to the pics) has made off of it because it's certainly a lot more.

Resident

Re: Tales of a Paparazza

Postby Amanda » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:07 am

Even though I admit to enjoying getting these photo's, the fact that a woman made this much money taking a picture of his family kind of makes me sick.

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 am

It is rather strange and makes me feel guilty at times especially when there are kids involved. At least with this set of pics in particular the pap kept her distance and they are just walking down the street. I don't like it when the paps swarm the celebs and get in their face with the cameras or take pics of celebs at home or through windows. That's taking it too far. There will always be paparazzi because pics and video of celebs sell but there should be a limit to what is allowed. Also, the paps that hurl insults at celebs to get a reaction out of them are just scum.

In regards to Justin's family and paparazzi pics - I'll add to the site paparazzi pics of Justin with his family if they are out in public but, if they're at home or something like that I don't and won't add the pics or even link to them. I made this rule for myself when I started helping Fay with the site and I've stuck with it.

Resident

Postby Amanda » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 am

In regards to Justin's family and paparazzi pics - I'll add to the site paparazzi pics of Justin with his family if they are out in public but, if they're at home or something like that I don't and won't add the pics or even link to them. I made this rule for myself when I started helping Fay with the site and I've stuck with it.

I think I know what ones you're referring to. It's a good rule to stick by. I'm glad you respect Justin's privacy.

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm

There are actually a couple of sets of pics that I haven't posted because they have Justin's family at home and I don't feel comfortable about that. I think the ones you are referring to are the worst due to the timing and intent of the pap. Justin is the celeb, not his family so I try to stick to that. But taking pictures of people without their authorization and making a profit off of them is... dishonest? I can't find the word to describe it. But then what does that make me? I'm adding these pics to the site and sometimes I can see that Justin is unhappy that his picture is being taken. I realize that my stance makes me sort of a hypocrite because paparazzi pictures are an invasion of privacy by nature (sort of?). Ahh, this is leading to me having a crisis of conscience! :lol: All I can say is that I imposed certain rules for myself when it comes to what I will and won't post. At times I have doubts about where to draw the line but I try my best.

Return to General Discussion