Register

Quotes about Justin

Organ Donor

Quotes about Justin

Postby Josie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 am

Sandra Oh mentioned Justin briefly in a recent interview:

Changing it up a bit, after so much heavy material this season, was there a scene that stands out when it was the hardest to keep a straight face?
Justin Chambers is pretty funny and always makes us laugh during scenes in April's office.

Source

I also found three older quotes from the Grey's Anatomy writers on their old blog:

In real life, the actor who plays Alex (Justin Chambers) is the sweetest, kindest, most normal family man in the world.

Source

Tell you what else I love in this episode: Alex. On the porch. When he says “Hello” to Izzie. I tell you, that Justin Chambers can do any freaking thing you throw at him. There was some discussion when the script came out of whether or not we should change that “Hello” to “Hi” which sounds more like Alex. But Justin? He pulled it off so beautifully. He made it sound like Alex and then some. The vulnerability under that one word... The subtlety… I just thought it was exquisite work.

Source

Justin Chambers plays Alex and there’s not a sweeter guy on the planet so it’s always been funny to me how well he plays an asshole.

Source

The quotes don't tell anything new, we already know that he must be a very funny, decent guy and a great actor. But it's always nice to hear other people acknowledge that too.

Visitor

Re: Quotes about Justin

Postby *crppier » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah, people always say Justin and Alex are totally different, if Grey's writers know he is such a good actor, they should write better for Alex.

Resident

Postby Mai » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Yeah Shonda once said in a video that Justin was the most different from his character in all the cast of Grey's.

I had read those quotes from the writers blog. One of my favorite quotes about Justin is from Chyler:

"Justin, who I am in love with — he is such a wonderful person, he is so handsome, all the girls have a big crush on Justin."

Also I like when it was said that Shonda was squeeing when she heard Justin sing :lol:

Attending

Postby Diana » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks for all the quotes Josie! :D

*crppier wrote:Yeah, people always say Justin and Alex are totally different, if Grey's writers know he is such a good actor, they should write better for Alex.

That type of logic isn't used in Shondaland. Instead the weak actors like Eric Dane and now Jesse Williams get more story than Justin. :roll:

Mai wrote:Yeah Shonda once said in a video that Justin was the most different from his character in all the cast of Grey's.

I give much more credit to actors like Justin (for example, Sandra Oh) who play characters who are so different from themselves than those who basically play themselves onscreen. Derek Shepherd is basically Patrick Dempsey being himself. It's harder to have to adapt certain mannerisms and type of speech to your acting like Justin has to do to play Alex and make it flow naturally and not feel forced.

Resident

Postby Mai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Diana wrote:I give much more credit to actors like Justin (for example, Sandra Oh) who play characters who are so different from themselves than those who basically play themselves onscreen. Derek Shepherd is basically Patrick Dempsey being himself. It's harder to have to adapt certain mannerisms and type of speech to your acting like Justin has to do to play Alex and make it flow naturally and not feel forced.

I know, I think real actors should change their way of walking, talking, etc for their different characters and not always act the same. Oh and I agree about Sandra Oh, when I first saw her not acting, she plays Cristina so well, she's so different from herself.

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 am

I just wanted to leave that tweet from Ellen here:

Sweet! Can't argue with that. ;)

I'm glad she is on twitter now. She seems like such sweetheart in RL. People are telling her now that she should convince Justin to join too. But I think chances are pretty slim. What do you guys think?

Attending

Postby Diana » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am

No lies detected in that tweet. I love that when Ellen tweeted about Justin the MerDer and the creepy Dempeo shippers asked her what she thought about Patrick, but Ellen didn't answer. :lol:

People have asked the other cast members and Shonda to convince Justin (and Sandra, Sara, etc.) to join twitter too, but I don't think it'll happen. It would be interesting to see what he has to say and be able to ask him questions. IDK, maybe he's better off not joining because there are always those people on Twitter who are crazy and annoying as f***. People who have a hard time separating an actor from the character they play, and think because it's a celeb it's OK to be rude and inappropriate.

Resident

Postby Mai » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 am

I love Ellen's tweets and hashtags. So funny.

Return to General Discussion