Register

Soo yeah.

Resident

Soo yeah.

Postby Amanda » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 pm

I feel bad that I haven't said anything about this movie. I saw it when it came out. It was a decent enough movie, but I could have done with some more Justin. The beach scene specifically. :P He was cute with his hat and his character reminded me of AU Alex.

That's all. :D

Resident

Re: Soo yeah.

Postby Mai » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 pm

I haven't seen it yet...

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Me neither. And frankly, I probably won't watch it in a theater, because it's just not my type of movie. But I gotta say what Amanda said about it sounds really nice. Shirtless scenes are always great. And I also liked AU Alex. I thought he was funny. So I'm waiting for the DVD release but I'm looking forward to watching it eventually.

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:28 am

Amanda wrote:I could have done with some more Justin. The beach scene specifically. :P

I could have done with more of Justin in the scene after the beach. :P

He was cute with his hat and his character reminded me of AU Alex.

He did? Ryan came off as a pretentious douchebag to me with his turtleneck, hat, chain and calling Billy a "civilian". Justin's cheekbones and jawline looked great though. :lol:

Seriously now, as always I would have liked more Justin. I actually would have liked more of every other character and less of Billy(Mark Wahlberg). I agree with the criticism the girlfriend plot received. It either should have been cut out or developed more. It did feel unsatisfying to have the girlfriend around then midway into the movie Natalie and Billy get into a fight and then we never see her again. Then Billy visits her parents (I sort of get why they chose to keep that scene) and at the end we get a scene between Billy and his assistant that implied that they had feelings for each other. :?

I wish they had kept the story closer to an earlier draft of the script. Let Natalie be an outright cheater, let Ryan be murdered by Billy and let him frame another man for it, let Billy take down Hostetler only to have another corrupt mayor elected. Basically, I wanted them to let all the characters do crappy things and have dirty secrets instead of trying to make the movie a story about Billy's redemption.

Josie wrote:But I gotta say what Amanda said about it sounds really nice. Shirtless scenes are always great.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but Justin is fully clothed in the beach scene (you really only see his face anyway). He's not even shirtless in the "sex scene". :lol:

EDIT: An early draft of the Broken City script for download

Resident

Postby Amanda » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 am

He did? Ryan came off as a pretentious douchebag to me with his turtleneck, hat, chain and calling Billy a "civilian". Justin's cheekbones and jawline looked great though.

Mm, maybe you're right. I think it was just his confident and hyper personality that made me think of him. I'm thinking specifically of the premiere scene where he was excited to see Natalie. But for the most part, yes he was a jerk. But AU Alex was too in a way.

I could have done with more of Justin in the scene after the beach. :P

Oh my God, yes. Every time the camera switched to Billy's reaction I was like 'NO!'

It seemed like such a small role for Justin to travel to film. Why do you think he did it? I'm assuming it paid good money given the film's budget and I'm guessing he likes to do something different every now and then. But still. I really want to see him have a larger role in a movie.

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Amanda wrote:
He did? Ryan came off as a pretentious douchebag to me with his turtleneck, hat, chain and calling Billy a "civilian". Justin's cheekbones and jawline looked great though.

Mm, maybe you're right. I think it was just his confident and hyper personality that made me think of him. I'm thinking specifically of the premiere scene where he was excited to see Natalie. But for the most part, yes he was a jerk. But AU Alex was too in a way.

I see what you mean now about AU Alex and Ryan.

It seemed like such a small role for Justin to travel to film. Why do you think he did it? I'm assuming it paid good money given the film's budget and I'm guessing he likes to do something different every now and then. But still. I really want to see him have a larger role in a movie.

It was probably for the change of scenery and getting to do something different. IMO, Justin gets paid more for one episode of Grey's than he did for this movie role so it wasn't about the money. I would like to see Justin have a larger role in a movie but I don't believe it'll happen as long as he's on the show. That's partly why I didn't want Justin to renew his contract during season 8. At the same time, him being on GA guarantees that I'll get at least a couple of minutes of Justin during 24 weeks (24 episodes a season) in those 9 months the show airs (September - May).

Resident

Postby Mai » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 am

Diana wrote:
Amanda wrote:his turtleneck, hat, chain and calling Billy a "civilian". Justin's cheekbones and jawline looked great though. :lol:

Turtleneck and chain? Was he a part of The Lonely Island? :P :lol:

Attending

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Mai wrote:
Diana wrote:
Amanda wrote:his turtleneck, hat, chain and calling Billy a "civilian". Justin's cheekbones and jawline looked great though. :lol:

Turtleneck and chain? Was he a part of The Lonely Island? :P :lol:

He'd fit right in. :lol: All Ryan needed were wayfarer sunglasses.

Return to Broken City