Register

Upcoming Appearances

Attending

Upcoming Appearances

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:09 pm

I thought we could start a thread where we post events that Justin will be making an appearance at. For now, we know about:

• 9th Annual Stuart House Benefit
    When: March 11, 2012 from 12pm - 5pm
    Where: John Varvatos - 8800 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles
    What: Food, auctions, shopping, activities and live concert by Dave Matthews to raise funds for Stuart House. More info.
    Tickets: purchase online at link

• The Songs Beneath the Show
    When: March 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    Where: Royce Hall on the UCLA campus
    What: The cast of ABC’s hit drama GREY’S ANATOMY will gather to perform Grey’s Anatomy: The Songs Beneath the Show, a live musical celebration to benefit The Actors Fund. More info.
    Tickets: visit or call UCLA Central Ticket Office at 310.825.2101 or purchase online at Ticketmaster

• WordTheatre - Acts of Love: Parenthood
    When: March 24, 2012
    Where: Silicon Valley
    What: Original theatrical collage of quotes, jokes, articles, monologues and music about parenthood benefiting Autism Speaks. More info.
    Tickets: To be determined.

I haven't updated the main site with the Wordtheatre info because I've been waiting for them to post ticket information.

Visitor

Re: Upcoming Appearances

Postby *crppier » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 am

Not really understand what's it about, but can't wait to see him. :)

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am

That music event sound pretty cool. I hope they post videos on the internet.

Attending

Postby Diana » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Josie wrote:That music event sound pretty cool. I hope they post videos on the internet.

Me too. Although I think I'll be cringing at seeing Justin and some of his co-stars singing. :lol:

Resident

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Diana wrote:
Josie wrote:That music event sound pretty cool. I hope they post videos on the internet.

Me too. Although I think I'll be cringing at seeing Justin and some of his co-stars singing. :lol:

Aww why? I love his voice. <3 I wish I could go!

Resident

Postby Mai » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 am

Diana wrote:

Why?!?!?! He's a good singer!

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Don't get me wrong. I think Justin is actually a pretty good singer. In fact, I liked Justin's voice more than Kevin McKidd's (who got the hype as being a great singer) in the musical episode because I felt JC's voice fit better with the the type of songs they used (pop music). But I also know it's one thing to hear someone's voice on a track because it's been autotuned and it's another to hear that same person sing live. I think it's more because I see most of them as "actors" so having them be "singers" weirds me out a bit.

But at least the cast won't be acting and singing. It's the reason I usually have a hard time enjoying musicals because I can't get into a story when they characters suddenly burst into song and dance. It's hard enough for some to act let alone have to also sing. Hopefully Eric Dane will only have presenting duties. :lol:

Resident

Postby Mai » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:47 am

There's a video of Justin singing a Lionel Ritchie song a cappella and he sounds good. Live. So I really think he's a pretty good singer, not just a recorded/autotuned one.

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh, wow, I didn't know that about the Lionel Richie video. I just youtubed it. It's really short but sweet. Thanks for mentioning that Mai!

Attending

Postby Diana » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Mai wrote:There's a video of Justin singing a Lionel Ritchie song a cappella and he sounds good. Live. So I really think he's a pretty good singer, not just a recorded/autotuned one.

You're talking about this video, right? http://www.jchambersmedia.com/videos/34 ... red-carpet
Yes, he does sound good. If they stick to the songs that were in the musical episode and to who sang what then Justin isn't going to sing much (solo) anyway at that event. It'll mostly be about Sara, Kevin, Chandra and Chyler singing. Maybe they'll let Justin pick something to make up for it and he can sing "Three Times a Lady" :lol:

I added the info for the 9th Annual Stuart House Benefit to the original post. There isn't any kind of confirmation but Justin has always gone plus he and Keisha are part of the host committee. That makes it 3 events on 3 consecutive weekends in March.

Next

Return to Latest News