Resident

Re: Non-Spoiler Discussion

Postby Amanda » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 am

I keep forgetting people don't pay as much attention to Alex as I do

You and me both.

Attending

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 pm

I think I'd be a happier fan if I didn't pay as much attention to Alex. :?

But, I do. This is the reason I write an essay as a reply. :oops: This truly has become the venting thread...

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Diana wrote:I think I'd be a happier fan if I didn't pay as much attention to Alex.

Oh yes, definitely! And ever since Alex has become my favorite charachter I have the same problem. I really enjoyed the show more when I didn't really have a favorite character. But that has always been my problem with TV-shows. Whenever I have a favorite character who is more at the periphery of the story and doesn't get proper storylines, my enjoyment of the whole show starts to fade. And it is even worse with GA, because being a series regular for 9 season and being one of the original 5 interns, I feel Alex really should be more front and center of the show.

Diana wrote:But, I do. This is the reason I write an essay as a reply.

Yeah, but I think all of us here in this forum pay particular attention to the Alex character. So don't worry about your essay long replies. In fact, I really appreciate all your insight and thoughts. And I also love that you have so much background knowledge and are willing to share it with us. Like what Stacy McKee said about the Alex voice over. I didn't know that before.

Attending

Postby Diana » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks, Josie! :)
What Stacy McKee said is at the Writers Blog here -> http://www.greyswriters.com/
The writer of the episode would post their thoughts and explain the writing decisions made after an episode aired. They would mention sometimes the behind-the-scenes stuff, like McKee posted:

By the way, I don’t know about you, but I am now FULLY in love with Alex Karev. I mean, I kinda already was in love with him, but now I really, really am. When he’s singing to Lily in the MRI booth??? I mean, COME ON. (Side Note: Justin actually has a really good voice, so he practiced for weeks before we shot this scene to make himself sound more like a guy who wasn’t really a singer, but who was really trying to sing. Adorable.)

You can still read the blog but they stopped updating it after season 7. :( There were also podcasts usually done by Shonda and Betsy. I think I have several if not all saved somewhere. If anyone is interested I could try to find them and upload. ;)

Resident

Postby Mai » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Aww, I miss the blog and podcasts. I'd go crazy everytime they mentioned Alex or A/I :lol:

Attending

Postby Diana » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm

This is Camilla's response after a couple of Alex/Izzie fans tweeted her saying stuff like Izzie will always be the love of Alex's life.

LOL at the subtle sass.

Patient

Postby elodieee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Diana wrote:This is Camilla's response after a couple of Alex/Izzie fans tweeted her saying stuff like Izzie will always be the love of Alex's life.

LOL at the subtle sass.

she's totally right

Resident

Postby Mai » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Great response :lol:

Attending

Postby Diana » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:25 am

The other week there was an article in the Canadian media saying Grey's Anatomy launched a social media campaign to promote the show.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/25/greys-anatomy-cast-get-tweeting-to-promote-new-season
LOS ANGELES - An intense, non-stop social media campaign famously helped catapult the CW's Vampire Diaries from a barely viewed cult show to a mega mainstream hit.

Now the ABC series, Grey's Anatomy, is fervently working Twitter and Instagram for all it's worth in a push to bring in more viewers for its return September 26.

Judging from the sudden social media presence from the Grey's Anatomy cast, it's obvious ABC and show creator Shonda Rhimes sent a message: Get those thumbs working!

The tenth season of the medical show began filming last week and so far, this fans is what fans have been fed via the Twitter feeds:

"Table read today (episode) 1001 and 1002, Grey's anatomy, 10 years! Wow! Want to thank the fans!" - Patrick Dempsey, a.k.a. Dr. Derek (McDreamy) Shepherd, July 15

"First day of shooting our two-hour premiere. Your gonna laugh. You're gonna cry. We're gonna take you places. I promise." - Ellen Pompeo, a.k.a. Dr. Meredith Grey, July 17.

Grey's Anatomy's home page is even sending out teasers on what may lay in store for characters, such as perennial bachelor Alex Karev, played by Justin Chambers.

"Retweet if you think Karev would make a great dad," it was posted July 22.

Whereas leads Pompeo and Dempsey are complying with social media demands, there is a strident stand-out: Sandra Oh, who plays Dr. Cristina Yang.

The Canadian actress has always been steadfast in her refusal to open a Twitter or Facebook page.

So how did the show solve this problem?

It opened a Cristina Yang account - that has postings such as "To endure a superstorm, one must become a superstorm" - for her character.

Just thought this article from last week was interesting in light of the fact that Sara joined Twitter this week. There have been many crew members joining Twitter and engaging with the fans recently. I also have to admit when I saw ABC post on Facebook and Twitter the Alex and baby pic saying like/retweet if you think "Karev would make a great dad" the thought that it was a teaser of what was going to happen this season did cross my mind.

Resident

Postby Mai » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 am

yeah there has been a great "rise" in social media from Grey's, all the cast and crew using Twitter and Instagram a lot more and all the characters getting Twitter accounts. I like it, it keeps fans entertained and happy.

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy