Register

Spoiler Discussion (SEASON 10)

Moderator: Amanda

Attending

Spoiler Discussion (SEASON 10)

Postby Diana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 am

Thread to post and discuss ALL season 10 related spoilers.

The spoilers relating to Alex Karev will be posted in this opening post and updated accordingly.

E! Online
According to Luddington, the first episode back, titled "Seal Our Fate," will pick up right where we left off in the midst of a whirlwind of trauma and drama. "The storm is still happening and Jo is still bruised up from her drama last season with her ex-boyfriend. So the first two episodes kind of deal with that chaos still," she said.

But now that Jo and Karev (Justin Chambers) have become a full-fledged couple, Jo is more than ready to put her difficult past behind her and embrace her new beau. Luddington explained, "For Jo personally, she and Karev have kind of just declared their love so they have an entire season of exploring that." Awww, adorable!

TV LINE Grey's Anatomy Romance Report: Who's Happy? Who's Sad? Who May Be Laughing Yet Mad?
Rhimes also puts nascent lovebirds Alex and Jo in the “happy” camp, and with nary a caveat. “I want us to have fun with them” as they explore their new romance, Rhimes says. “Because they’re one of our happiest couples, Jo and Alex are playing our humor a lot, which is nice.”

'Grey's Anatomy' Boss Previews Meredith's Evolution in 'Funnier' Season 10
THR: Alex (Justin Chambers) finally has found his person in Jo (Camilla Luddington). What sort of obstacles might they encounter?
Rhimes: I have no idea at this point. I don't know that we're working toward the idea of them encountering obstacles. Right now their relationship is really new and fresh. This season is planned to be funnier than prior seasons. There's a sense of joy from them, and we're having a lot of fun with them. Even a lot of Callie's pain is going to be played in a funny way. It's going to be painful, but we're going to find the dark humor in that as opposed to just having it be either whacky or incredibly depressing.

Grey's Anatomy's Shonda Rhimes Talks Cast Exits, Calzona's Future and a Funny Season 10
What can you tell us about how Alex (Justin Chambers) and Jo (Camilla Luddington) are navigating their new relationship?
Rhimes: Alex obviously has some residual relationship issues from many of his past relationships. But I also wanted this season to have a lot of fun in it, and I wanted it to be funny. Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together, so we're having a lot of fun with them as we begin.

Entertainment Weekly - spoilers
On Jo and Alex: Because the season premiere picks up on the same night where we left off, we will find Jo “still bruised up” from her terrible domestic abuse incident last season. But the future is looking sunnier. “There’s an exploration of where it goes between Alex and Jo this season,” says Luddington. “I’m excited to move on to a happier, healthier Jo.”

Matt's Inside Line - Aug. 22, 2013
Got any scoop on Alex and Jo from Grey’s Anatomy? Thanks in advance! – Burkey
As one could assume, “They are going to be exploring their relationship this season,” (the ridiculously pretty) Camilla Luddington told me at TCA. “I don’t trust Grey’s to make it all go perfectly, but I do know they are crazy about each other and in love.” And since the two-hour season opener picks up continuously, with more superstorm insanity, don’t expect any full-on on-call room nookie anytime soon. “We got smooches [in the finale], that’s all,” Luddington notes with a smile. “So we’ll see where that leads!”

Interview with James Remar at Zap2it- Sept. 12, 2013
Zap2it caught up with Remar on the red carpet for the "Dexter" series finale Paleyfest on Thursday (Sept. 12), and he revealed to us that he's more than just some random patient checking in to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital -- he's the estranged father of one of the doctors.

"I'm doing 'Grey's Anatomy' right now, and I play the father of one of the doctor's on the show, Justin Chambers' character [Alex Karev]," Remar tells Zap2it. "He's a guy that's had a very rough life, a lot of drugs. So it's not an easy reunion."

That's right, we're finally going to meet Karev's father ... though it won't be a happy reunion for more than one reason. "I do start out as a patient," Remar teases.

Mega Buzz - Sept. 17, 2013
James Remar as Alex's dad on Grey's Anatomy is great casting! Do you have any details? — Barbara
NATALIE: Remember Alex's brother, who tried to kill their younger sister? Apple, meet tree. "He's not a guy who's been living a very wholesome life," Remar tells me of Alex's dad, who will be introduced for a brief arc early on this season. "He's a drug addict and really on the skids. Their reunion is charged and difficult."

TV Guide- Sept. 25, 2013
What's Next? Alex and Jo will be exploring the passion between them in the opening episodes. "It just doesn't quite happen as smoothly as they hope that it would," Camilla Luddington says. Adds Rhimes: "Alex obviously has some residual relationship issues from many of his past relationships. But I also wanted this season to have a lot of fun in it, and I wanted it to be funny. Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together, so we're having a lot of fun with them as we begin."

The Hollywood Reporter: 'Grey's Anatomy' Cast Previews Season 10's Big Challenges - Sept. 26, 2013
Justin Chambers (Alex)
"Dealing with this new relationship with Jo. He's found someone who is his match and he's challenged by that. Before, it was always about, 'Well this is what I went through and you don't know what it's like.' Now someone does know what it's like, so that should be a good challenge."

Camilla Luddington (Jo)
"Navigating a new relationship and trying to make it a healthy, happy one. I'm not sure Jo has ever experienced that before; it's brand new territory for her. She and Alex are both really tortured people, so together they have to figure out how to be together and make it work. For them in particular, it's difficult."

TVLINE - For Grey's Anatomy's Alex and Jo, Small 'Bumps' — and a Big Blast from the Past — Lie Ahead - Oct. 1, 2013
Looking ahead, before the Alex/Jo pairing even can be considered for any record books, it will have to navigate that stickiest of wickets — a blast from the past, in the form of Alex’s abusive, drug addict father, played by Dexter‘s James Remar.

“Jo wants to be very supportive — she’s trying to be there for him and be a good girlfriend,” Luddington previewed. But the relationship between Alex and his estranged dad, she said, is in and of itself “very tricky.”

Fortunately for Alex, Jo — having, like he did, gone through the foster care system — comes from a place of shared perspective.

“Jo’s going to be there to kind of pick him up and tell him to get on with it,” Chambers revealed. “He’s dealing with somebody that has the same sort of background that he’s had, and that should deepen their relationship.”

Ask Ausiello
Question: Is Alex punching his dad on the last episode of Grey’s Anatomy going to be the last we’ll see of James Remar? He’s so good in the role, hope he comes back! —Jackie
Ausiello: He will be back.

TV Guide - Jan. 21, 2014
Do you have any scoop on the fate of Alex's dad on Grey's Anatomy? —Mandy
He's not dead... yet. We'll actually meet his estranged wife (played by Victorious alum Susan Chuang), who is lured to Grey Sloan Memorial under false pretenses in the midseason return. Suffice it to say, she's about as happy with Jimmy as Alex has been.

Ask Ausiello - Jan. 28, 2014
Question: Any Grey’s Anatomy scoop for the second half of the season? Maybe something on Jolex? —Kath
Ausiello: Jo and Alex will face off against a common enemy when the show returns on Feb. 27. “In the first episode back, which picks up right after the wedding, you see Jo being kind of a rock for Alex because he’s furious about what Shane has done to his dad,” explains Camilla Luddington. ”He’s distraught by it. And she’s there for him. And she’s also ready to go [toe-to-toe] with Shane. She hates Shane. She’s not for him staying at the hospital. So you see her get closer to Alex through that.”

Upcoming Episodes:
10.17 - Do You Know? (Mar. 27)
10.18 - You Be Illin' (Apr. 3)
10.19 - I'm Winning (Apr. 10)

Attending

Re: Spoiler Discussion (SEASON 10)

Postby Diana » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:18 pm

I added the casting sides for the second episode to the OP.

Patrick Dempsey gave an interview and gave some info about season 10.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/patrick-dempsey-talks-racing-lemans-593408
THR: Looking at season 10 of Grey's Anatomy, will there be a time jump when the season resumes?
Dempsey: We're continuing on where we left off last season. It's continuous and it feels like it, too. The storm is continuing on and we pick up right where we left off. We're still dealing with the crisis of what's happening with the storm. We air the first two hours and our fourth episode in the season is our 200th, which is remarkable in itself.

THR: Have you heard any rumblings about what that 200th is going to be?
Dempsey: Not at this point; I think they're still trying to figure it out. People are very excited this year and the cast is as well. People really are enjoying the fact that we've made it to 200 episodes in 10 years.

THR: Do you think this is going to be the last season of Grey's?
Dempsey: I don't think it will be. I think it will continue on. Whether or not we're in the show, I think the show will continue on. I know [creator] Shonda [Rhimes] would like it to continue.

THR: Do you want to continue beyond season 10?
Dempsey: I think it's worth having the discussion, certainly.

THR: What's Derek's trajectory this season?
Dempsey: We're going to get into President Obama's agenda on brain mapping. I think that will be fun for Shepard to get into that, it's a fascinating thing. I've been starting to look at the research on that and what they're trying to achieve. I'm excited about that storyline. The writers are really getting into it. I think it would be fun to see Shepard go to D.C. and be part of the brain mapping. At the same time, it is a procedural so we need to see him in the OR. But it would be nice to be doing the brain mapping and then dealing with the political aspect of what they're doing as well and then really allowing people to understand what Obama's agenda is with that and how important it is so we can be informative and entertaining at the same time. I hope we can go in that direction.

THR: What's Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) part of that?
Dempsey: Meredith is going to be juggling her career with children and Shepard is going to spending more time with the children than his career -- at least initially. We're going to see what kind of conflict that brings in their relationship. They can't be just be happy; we have to have some conflict with those two. Life is always about conflict, isn't it?

I'm glad it is confirmed now that season 10 picks up where season 9 left off. I would've been disappointed if season 10 started months later and we had missed out on the beginnings of the Jolex relationship.

Attending

Postby Diana » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:07 am

Casting sides for episode 10.03 available for download at the link in the OP.

Ask Ausiello
Question: Do you have any Grey’s Anatomy spoilers about Derek and Meredith? —Toni
Ausiello: The two-hour Season 10 premiere will delve into the “aftermath” of Mer’s turbulent delivery, teases Grey’s consulting producer (and Scandal Emmy nominee) Dan Bucatinsky. “She had a rough birth. We’re going to see them in the hospital together and juggling their roles in a major way.” The super-sized Sept. 26 kickoff is alternately “dramatic, emotional and exciting,” the actor-writer-producer adds. “Also, we’re going to watch these new interns become part of the fabric of the hospital. That’s going to be part of what’s fun and fresh about this season. We’re going to get to know them better.”

Question: Please tell me if you have any Grey’s Anatomy news on Christina/Owen. They seriously need to be over and done with. It’s time for them to move on for good. —Abdul
Ausiello: How do you really feel Paula (that is your first name, right?). Sadly, I have no news for you on “Crowen,” unless the new recurring character the show is adding figures into their fractured relationship somehow. The newbie, Bill, is a likable jazz musician in his 50s who has been “somewhat ravaged by drug abuse.” He’s slated to appear in roughly five episodes of Season 10.

Speculation is that 'Bill' might be Alex's father. The character description seem to fit and I would absolutely love it if it were true.

Patient

Postby elodieee » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm

need Jolex spoiler...

Attending

Postby Diana » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:04 am

Camilla: "In general this season, Jo and Karev kind of get to explore their relationship. That's something that is exciting for me and I hope it goes well for them."

Camilla's full interview can be seen here --> http://www.buzzsugar.com/Camilla-Luddington-Interview-Grey-Anatomy-Video-31090029
Sarah Drew interview about the season premiere --> http://www.buzzsugar.com/Sarah-Drew-2013-Summer-TCA-Grey-Anatomy-Interview-Video-31089986
Kevin McKidd interview --> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greys-anatomys-kevin-mckidd-cristina-599379
Sara Ramirez interview --> http://tvline.com/2013/08/05/greys-anatomy-season-10-preview-sara-ramirez-calzona/

More spoilers about MerDer, Crowen, Calzona TV Guide
About the 200th episode (episode 10.04)
The big 200: "It's going to be special," Rhimes says of the season's fourth episode. "We're not going to go over-the-top big and do anything crazy because the beauty of doing a 200th episode is that we've done this 199 times. I want to see people in formal wear because that's always fun for me. I also want to see a little romance. But I also really want to deal with the fact that, to me, the biggest thing about the 200th is realizing and seeing that our original interns have grown up and they are these very badass surgeons at this point. They are no longer fumbling and confused. They are the ones giving the order. The 200th is going to be a big deal and we're very excited about it."

The 200th episode sounds like it'll be focused on Mer/Cristina/Alex and that makes me :D .

Attending

Postby Diana » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 am

E! Online
According to Luddington, the first episode back, titled "Seal Our Fate," will pick up right where we left off in the midst of a whirlwind of trauma and drama. "The storm is still happening and Jo is still bruised up from her drama last season with her ex-boyfriend. So the first two episodes kind of deal with that chaos still," she said.

But now that Jo and Karev (Justin Chambers) have become a full-fledged couple, Jo is more than ready to put her difficult past behind her and embrace her new beau. Luddington explained, "For Jo personally, she and Karev have kind of just declared their love so they have an entire season of exploring that." Awww, adorable!

Patient

Postby elodieee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 am

i"m so happy about last camilla itv!! was so sad we don't any Jolex spoiler past few day!!

Attending

Postby Diana » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 pm

I updated the OP with the recent Alex/Jo spoilers. They pretty much all say the same thing but I added them all anyway.

About the 200th episode:
On the 200th episode: “[It] will be a celebration of sorts and a little bit different of an episode,” Luddington teases. “I’ll say this: It’s not just necessarily all about the hospital.”

Shonda also said we'll see the characters in formal wear in the 200th episode.

Attending

Postby Diana » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm

From GA showrunner Tony Phelan:

"Walking the stages planning my shots to deliver a hilarious & heartbreaking Episode 1003 One couple comes together while another moves apart"

My guess is the couple that moves apart is Calzona and I'm taking the 'moves apart' as in one of them will move out of the apartment they share. The couple that comes together I think will be Jolex. This first 2 episode will still be during the storm and all that chaos. Episode 10.03 will probably be the first episode where everything is back to "normal" and I suspect that we'll see Jo move into Alex's house. She was living with Jason and now that the relationship is over and she doesn't have a place to live I think she'll move into the house. She can have Alex's old room (assuming she doesn't actually move into Alex's room, just into the house) since Cristina is in Izzie's.

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the GA and especially Alex spoilers. I really wanna thank you for making that effort Diana! I come here frequently just to read if there's any news. I don't even read other GA related boards anymore, because I know I get all the information I'm interested in here. This is awesome! :)

I hope you're speculations about ep. 3 turn out to be true. That would be nice. I think we can trust your instincts on that, because you're usually right when you interpret spoilers. :P

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy