Register

Spoiler Discussion (SEASON 10)

Moderator: Amanda

Attending

Re: Spoiler Discussion (SEASON 10)

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Not really Alex related but pretty big GA news
Exclusive: Private Practice's Caterina Scorsone Returning to Grey's Anatomy
Caterina Scorsone will reprise her Private Practice role as Amelia Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Scorsone joined Private Practice's third season as Derek Shepherd's (Patrick Dempsey) younger neurosurgeon sister who previously struggled with drugs and alcohol after the death of their father.

Scorsone will return to Grey's —Amelia previously made her way to Seattle during Season 7 — in an episode slated for the beginning of May and will recur through the rest of Season 10. Details on why she makes her way back to Grey Sloan Memorial are being kept under wraps.

Isaiah Washington Returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
Grey's Anatomy is bringing back one of its original and most controversial stars.

Isaiah Washington, who originated the role of Dr. Preston Burke on the ABC medical drama, will return to reprise his role on the Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Washington will return to guest star for a May episode of the medical drama seven years after he was fired from the series following on-set clashes and anti-gay remarks directed at then-closeted co-star T.R. Knight.

His return to the series comes as Grey's is preparing to say farewell to one of its original and most beloved stars, Sandra Oh, whose Cristina was at one point engaged to marry Washington's character. Oh will exit Grey'sfollowing the end of its current 10th season in May.

"It's important to me that Cristina's journey unfolds exactly as it should," showrunner Rhimes said in a statement. "Burke is vital to that journey -- he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang."

I didn't post the complete articles but they can be read at the links provided. The May episodes are 22, 23 and 24. They started shooting episode 22 this past week and Caterina tweeted that she was back on the GA set so Amelia will be in the last 3 episodes of the season. IW tweeted a pic of the GA script and it seems he will shoot his scenes this week so Burke's appearance will likely be in episode 22.

Attending

Postby Diana » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 am

Mega Buzz
Do you have any Grey's Anatomy scoop? — Brett
There's a chance that another doctor could be leaving Grey Sloan Memorial! Remember that peds surgeon I told you about? His arrival forces Alex to re-evaluate his future. "Alex thinks, 'Maybe I need to possibly think about joining a private practice," Justin Chambers tells me. "He's starting to see that he could profit a little more than he has."

This might be the set up for the finale cliffhanger. It is sort of similar to the season 8 finale when Alex was supposed to go to Johns Hopkins, and in season 7 when he was thinking of filling in for Arizona in the African clinic (in Namibia?).

Patient

Postby elodieee » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 am

really bad news
The last time we already know Justin renewal his contrat! not this time!!!
he already wanted to go 2 times, 3 times will be good ... :( done with this show

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:49 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think Justin is going anywhere. :)

Except for when they write him out due to budget cuts :shock: . But considering that Sandra Oh is leaving I don't think they'd even do that. Getting rid of two original characters at the same time would harm the show a lot, I think. And they already axed Gaius and Tessa, so I honestly believe Justin is safe.

Attending

Postby Diana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 am

I don't think there was any danger of Justin leaving (unless he wanted to but he seems very happy on GA). TPTB wouldn't want to lose another cornerstone of the show. Gaius and Tessa not having their option picked up for next season pretty much says that the rest of the cast is staying.

Shonda addressed that spoiler on Twitter and pointed out that the spoiler doesn't say Justin is leaving Grey's Anatomy. The entire discussion can be read here https://twitter.com/shondarhimes/status/451379330493325312

I'm pretty sure Justin also confirmed it on Instagram too. :lol:

Mega Buzz
I need some good Grey's Anatomy news. Is Alex going to leave Grey Sloan? — Jolene
Not if Arizona has any say in his decision. "I do not think she'll let him go very easily," Jessica Capshaw tells me. "He can't have had her go on the plane and then go off with Dr. Butthole. That's not going to go down well for her."

Patient

Postby Trixie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Not if Arizona has any say in his decision. "I do not think she'll let him go very easily," Jessica Capshaw tells me. "He can't have had her go on the plane and then go off with Dr. Butthole. That's not going to go down well for her."

*ahem* Pardon my French, but is she fucking kidding me with this? AZ is already skating on thin ice with me as far as her relationship with Alex goes, and now this? Who can't have who go on what plane?!?! :x This almost makes we want Alex to go and leave her ass in the dust.

Of course Alex is going to stay at SGH (I refuse to call it anything else), but it better be a decision HE makes on his own, with no guilting or meddling from AZ, Meredith or even Jo. Alex has done MORE than enough for his backstabbing mentor AND that 3rd rate deathtrap masquerading as a hospital!

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Trixie wrote:backstabbing mentor

:lol: It's true though.

Trixie wrote:Of course Alex is going to stay at SGH (I refuse to call it anything else), but it better be a decision HE makes on his own, with no guilting or meddling from AZ, Meredith or even Jo.

I still could see it going down exactly that way. I can already hear Meredith "You can't go Alex. We just lost Cristina. You can't just leave." And maybe there is something up with Jo too? I really hope that they will address the origins of her anger this season, after they just brought it up again. And in such a nonchalant way at that. But maybe they will still give him more money and/or a board position. I could see both happening. Even though I don't really want to see Alex become one of those high and mighty board members, because as board members they are all insufferable to me.

Attending

Postby Diana » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Dang Trixie, so tell us how you really feel? :lol:

On one hand, the fact that Arizona doesn't want to let Alex go shows how much she values him. But, if she really cared about Alex she would want what is best for him and would be supportive of his decision. I don't know if it was Jessica who worded that part poorly, but we all know how that plane stuff went down. We know very well that it wasn't Alex who let Arizona go on the plane. She was the one who took him off the plane out of spite because he had decided on going to Hopkins. Arizona has been selfish when it comes to Alex before so it wouldn't surprise me if she continues to be like that. If she tries to guilt Alex into staying and uses her leg or the plane crash, I will hate it.

Alex has done MORE than enough for his backstabbing mentor AND that 3rd rate deathtrap masquerading as a hospital!

"Third rate deathtrap" - LOL

Mega Buzz
Do you have any scoop on the Grey's Anatomy finale? — Sonya
We're already stocking up on tissues for Sandra Oh's sure-to-be-tearful farewell. But Yang's heartbreaking send-off won't be the episode's sole focus. Rather, I hear the doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial will be dealing with a number of victims injured during a possible act of terrorism. What's a Grey's Anatomy finale without a big dramatic event, amirite?

And I posted these pics on Twitter but not here yet. They are from episode 10.23 and Alex is wearing a shirt and tie instead of his usual scrubs, but he's at GSM.

Attending

Postby Diana » Tue May 13, 2014 11:32 pm

At the ABC Upfront Presentation today they spoiled Cristina's exit (I assume). They showed a quick shot of Cristina leaving the hospital in a taxi and she looks back and waves goodbye to Meredith who is waving back at her. There was also a scene of Meredith (in scrubs) and Cristina (in street clothes) looking really happy and dancing it out in an on-call room. I'm assuming both scenes happen towards the end of the season finale.

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy