Register

10.11 - Man on the Moon

Moderator: Amanda

Attending

10.11 - Man on the Moon

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Press release
WEDDING PREPARATIONS BEGIN FOR APRIL AND MATTHEW, ON ABC’S “GREY’S ANATOMY”

“Man on the Moon” – April’s sisters arrive to help celebrate April’s upcoming nuptials and quickly get on her nerves. Matthew and Jackson are forced to work together when they witness a terrible accident, Callie and Arizona work hard to reestablish their relationship and Cristina is pressured to live stream an upcoming surgery. Meanwhile, a familiar face returns to the hospital, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 (9:00 -10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Guest cast TBA.

“Man on the Moon” was written by Elizabeth J.B. Klaviter and directed by Bobby Roth.

Promo

Sneak Peeks

Attending

Re: 10.11 - Man on the Moon

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm guessing the familiar face returning is Alex's dad.

Attending

Postby Diana » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:32 pm

The first sneak peek has been added to the OP. Jimmy is back! :mrgreen: I saw a short promo air for this episode last week, but so far it hasn't been uploaded anywhere. The promo was all about Alex/Jo/Jimmy.

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:33 pm

He's back! I'm super excited for that storyline to continue (is it thursday already?)

At the moment this is really the only storyline that I'm interested in. This season is seriously lacking. Right now I find most characters annoying and most storylines boring/stupid. Which is a pity, because now that Alex finally has an interesting story all the other storylines suck. And all you hear is people complaining about how bad this season is and that the show should get cancelled asap. I know they've got a point, but I really don't want the show to get cancelled. Not now. I need more Alex awesomeness. There's still so much in store for Alex and Jolex. I know the writers are going to screw him (them) over sooner or later, but I'm gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Attending

Postby Diana » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:14 am

I'm not worried about the show getting cancelled. There will be at least another season, and depending on how that season goes will likely determine if the show will be picked up for another season. If there's one thing that has been consistent with GA, it is fans complaining. :lol: I am hopeful that in the second half of the season some of the storytelling issues will be fixed or at the very least somewhat diminished.

I added to the OP the CTV promo that our girl Amanda uploaded. I was already looking forward to the episode but now I'm totally excited. The Alex storyline with his dad and Jo looks like it will be so intense. :shock:

Resident

Postby Amanda » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 am

I added to the OP the CTV promo that our girl Amanda uploaded.

Can we talk about how ridiculously difficult the promo's have been to find for this episode? Figures, being a heavy Alex + Jolex episode.

It's almost Wednesday here, and then I can safely say tomorrow's Thursday. I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT.

Patient

Postby Trixie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 pm

I can't believe that the sneak peek AND the promo have Alex (and Jo) in it and it is a story about said Alex!! That must be a first! I am very excited that Jimmy is coming back in this episode rather than just the cliff-hanger. I am really looking forward to them finally having a real conversation. (of course that might be next episode).

While it looks like things are tense between Alex and Jo now, I really think that Jo is in the right here, but I just hope that she treads lightly with Alex. I am not TOO worried about their relationship at this point, but I hope that they get it together before the end of 10.12.

On Twitter there was some talk of how good JC was in the next few episodes and of how sad they are (can't remember exactly which episodes specifically they talked about), and I really think part of that is going to be the Jimmy/Alex storyline. I'm sure that every character's fans think that this refers to them but still.

Speaking of Twitter and totally off topic: I never thought that some Grey's fans could be more fucking annoying than they already are, but boy was I wrong! Good god its like entering a whole 'nother universe of freakdom!

Attending

Postby Diana » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Amanda wrote:
I added to the OP the CTV promo that our girl Amanda uploaded.

Can we talk about how ridiculously difficult the promo's have been to find for this episode? Figures, being a heavy Alex + Jolex episode.

In general, ABC doesn't air promos for GA all that much anymore. What's surprising is that I haven't seen them airing many promos for Scandal this week either. Most of the promos that I've seen have been for their comedies and specials. When it comes to GA, it seems like they've adopted the strategy of promoting the show closer to the airdate. The release of the sneak peeks is also different this year. Before ABC would upload 3/4 (sometimes even 5!) sneak peeks to ABC Medianet. Now there are only 2 sneak peeks and they're being released through different media sites (TV Line, TV Guide, THR, E! Online) a day or two before the episode airs.

I can't believe that the sneak peek AND the promo have Alex (and Jo) in it and it is a story about said Alex!!

IKR? I saw the ABC promo the other week and it was similar to the CTV one - all about Alex's storyline.

While it looks like things are tense between Alex and Jo now, I really think that Jo is in the right here, but I just hope that she treads lightly with Alex.

I agree. Jo has an obligation as a doctor to treat the patient regardless of the 'hell' he might've put someone (in this case her bf) through. She's being put in a very difficult situation, but I think she's more aware now of how troubled the relationship is between Alex and his father.

I'm such a dork that when I watch the sneak peek and promo I'm reminded that these scenes were the ones Camilla was talking about when she posted the pics with JC and joked that she was "stuck" on set with him all day.

Speaking of Twitter and totally off topic: I never thought that some Grey's fans could be more fucking annoying than they already are, but boy was I wrong! Good god its like entering a whole 'nother universe of freakdom!

It is sort of mind-blowing. Not only annoying, but creepy, rude and inappropriate. I'm pretty new to that universe myself but I sometimes need a Twitter break. :?

ETA:
On Twitter there was some talk of how good JC was in the next few episodes and of how sad they are (can't remember exactly which episodes specifically they talked about), and I really think part of that is going to be the Jimmy/Alex storyline. I'm sure that every character's fans think that this refers to them but still.

The talk has been about episodes 12 (midseason finale) and 13 (Feb 2014 premiere). The editor of episode 12 specifically name dropped JC and said he's "the bomb". I'm with you in thinking the sadness will partly be about the Jimmy/Alex story. I think I'll look for the tweets and post them in the episode thread they refer to.

Resident

Postby Amanda » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:58 am

I'm such a dork that when I watch the sneak peek and promo I'm reminded that these scenes were the ones Camilla was talking about when she posted the pics with JC and joked that she was "stuck" on set with him all day.

I do that too, but with this one I hadn't yet made the connection. I love doing that, and then remembering what I was doing the day they filmed that particular scene. SO DORKY.

I think there's a good chance that the Jimmy/Alex SL could be something that made the editor tear up, but I think there is probably going to be one or two heartbreaking scenes in the mid-season finale. I know there is supposed to be several cliffhangers, so... I'm totally just trying to be realistic so I don't get my hopes up. :D I'm happy as it is that it looks like we're getting lot's of Alex (and Jo) in 10.11, 12, and likely 13 too. Although it does make me wonder about 10B. I don't care if we get filler Jolex happiness episodes. Alex is due for them.

Organ Donor

Postby Josie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, after they made the promo all about Alex and Jo and released that first sneak that was also about them, I expected to see more of that story. Turns out the one minute sneak and the additional pieces we got from the promo made about 75% of what we got from that story altogether. I'm a little disappointed, tbh. Maybe I'd think differently had I not seen the sneak. But of course I liked what we got. Poor Alex. He really had the worst childhood.

It broke my heart a little how cynical and jaded he is about it - "It's like riding a bike".

What I found interesting is that Jimmy might not have been such a terrible father, had the circumstances been different. To me it sounded like everything just went over his head. All the responsibility for the children rested on him, because his wife had a mental illness - which of course meant that he had to take care of her too. And all that was just too much and so he turned into a drug-addict, short-tempered and brutal man. And then Alex had to step in and take on all responsibility his father couldn't handle. At the age of six. Great.
Sidenote: I'm disappointed that neither Meredith nor Cristina seem to care about what is going on in Alex's life. Cristina didn't even listen and cut him off when he told her that he was having a tough time. Great friends they are. :roll:

I hope we will get a long and good talk between father and son in the winter finale. This is much needed.

The rest of the episode was fine IMO. There was nothing that pissed me off too much (except for the Cristina/Shane hook-up. :? ). I liked the patient story that Callie and Derek had. And I didn't even mind the twisted sisters feud this time. It was handled much better than last episode, so that's good. And for once I liked April too. She can be a rather enjoyable character when she's not in the middle of one of her stupid virginity meltdowns. I liked that she showed a bit of a backbone and stood up to her sisters. I'm still not feeling Bailey's OCD storyline, but at least it didn't irritate me as much as last time.
Oh yeah, nearly forgot about Calzona... I'm still meh on them... I really don't care that much if they make up for good or not.

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy