Register

10.16 - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Moderator: Amanda

Attending

10.16 - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Postby Diana » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Press release
RICHARD GETS A BIG SURPRISE ON HIS BIRTHDAY, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Debbie Allen ("Fame"), Keke Palmer ("True Jackson, VP"), and Paul James ("Greek") Guest Star

"We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" - It's Richard's birthday and Bailey invites him to scrub in on the case of a lifetime. Meredith hires a research assistant to help with her portal vein project, and a scorned Callie gives Derek quite the shock. Meanwhile, Shane helps screen candidates for Cristina's clinical trial and meets a young expectant mother (Keke Palmer) who needs his help, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, MARCH 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Guest cast TBA.

"We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" was written by Jeannine Renshaw and directed by Susan Vaill.

Promotional photos
http://www.screenspy.com/tv/happy-birthday-richard-first-details-images-greys-anatomy-gotta-get-place/

Attending

Re: 10.16 - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:52 pm

This mostly felt like filler and an episode designed to quickly wrap up the loose ends so that the writers can then launch the new stories heading towards the end of the season.

I'm a little surprised that shippers aren't making a bigger deal about Jo's stance on legal documents (a marriage license being one she specifically mentioned) being the kiss of death for relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if Shonda makes them what MerDer were supposed to be. I remember when MerDer had their Post-it wedding and Shonda said that was as married as they were ever going to be. The point being that signing a legal document isn't what makes a marriage (a relationship) last. Shonda backtracked on that and two seasons later MerDer got married at City Hall but maybe she'll decide to have a couple stay together and not get married.

Patient

Re: 10.16 - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Postby Trixie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Ack, I'm missing all the good posting and dialog! I wasn't sure if people were still posting here and then I checked and there was lots :o :mrgreen:

I agree about the filler, the Jolex stuff especially. It seems like Grey's does this a lot with Alex: a small, dumb arc that gives him something to do but then has absolutely no lasting effect (see: the Lexie years, Rachel Taylor and Morgan.) Although its better than angst, angst, angst I guess and their scenes were cute.

I don't think that Jo's stance on legal documents is that big of a deal, and it makes more sense to me than Alex's insistence and anger over the I Can't Believe It's a Proposal (although he did acknowledge that he was messed up over his dad to Meredith.) I really, really wish that these two would address this whole thing once and for all. I would be thrilled if they never got married and just lived toghether as a commited couple.

Return to Grey's Anatomy