Register

10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Moderator: Amanda

Attending
User avatar
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Diana » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:28 pm

AMELIA CONFIDES IN MEREDITH, ON ABC'S "GREY'S ANATOMY"

Guest starring Caterina Scorsone ("Private Practice")

"Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right" - With Derek away, Meredith spends time with Amelia and finds out her true feelings about her time in Seattle. Bailey deals with the ramifications of her actions and Callie receives devastating news. Meanwhile, the residents panic after hearing that one of them will be fired, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, MAY 8 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Guest cast TBA.

"Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right" was written by Austin Guzman and directed by Bill D'Elia.


Promotional photos http://www.screenspy.com/tv/images-greys-anatomy-everything-nothing-seems-turn-right/

Promo


Sneak peeks

Attending
User avatar
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: 10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Diana » Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 pm

I'll be really, REALLY disappointed if there's no Cristina/Alex or MAC scene in this episode. Cristina has relationships with other people besides Meredith and Owen. :roll:

Organ Donor
User avatar
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Austria

Re: 10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Josie » Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Diana wrote:I'll be really, REALLY disappointed if there's no Cristina/Alex or MAC scene in this episode. Cristina has relationships with other people besides Meredith and Owen.

Well, here we are! Again no MAC scenes and it really seems like Cristina doesn't have important relationships outside of Meredith and Owen. To say the lack of interactions between MAC is a disappointment would be an understatement. At this point it is an outrage and I'm really angry about it.

When Cristina shared that little moment with Arizona in the Arizona-centric episode, I honestly thought this is how it would be from now on. That every other episode Cristina would share some special, heartfelt moments with the other doctors. Or at least with those she built a close friendship with. Not only Meredith and Owen but also Alex maybe Callie (even though they neglected that friendship) and possibly Derek. But nope, nothing. Not one deep scene with any of those characters. And even though they might happen in the last episode, for me there is no way they could fix it at this point. I suspect there will be a meaningful Alex/Cristina moment in the finale, because Sandra Oh tweeted about shooting her last scene with Justin, but that's just not enough. It's great that they give Cristina the great departure she deserves, but the fact that all the characters, except for Meredith and Owen are excluded from it, makes it less epic for me. Why couldn't they do something like in s8? I thought the way they handled everybody's possible departure in 8x23 was very well done IMO. They managed to make me feel sad and wistful, even though I knew they'd all return eventually. Now, Cristina's departure doesn't feel like that at all to me.

Speaking of departure, I gotta say I also didn't like how Alex leaving the hospital was no big deal to anybody, besides Arizona. Yeah, sure, he was only leaving the hospital and not the state or even the city, but still... Would it hurt to show Meredith or Cristina asking Jo how Alex is doing at his new job?

I liked that Alex had a storyline in that episode (that scene with the little boy was incredibly cute). But as a whole, I gotta admit I'm pretty disappointed in what Alex or Jolex got in the 2nd half of s10. They didn't have 1 major storyline. This is not to say I didn't like their minor stories. On the contrary, I loved how the "love contract" story and the PP story showed us how supportive of each other Jo and Alex are and that we got to see them being happy together. And up until ep21 I was completely satisfied with all the cute, lighthearted Jolex scenes we got. But it really bugs me that they didn't start major storyline for them in the last couple of episodes. Mainly, because there's so much potential with both characters. How long do we have to wait to find out more about Jo's anger issues? Bringing them up randomly and casually doesn't make it funny. It only gives people more reasons to hate on Jo. I've even seen people bitch about Alex's "Get out of the car before you escalate". There are a lot of people who think Jo is a crazy, violent person. And the sooner they give us more of her backstory the better for her character, I think.

And then there's Japril who got 2 major personal stories in 1 season. I know they are very popular with the fans lately. But for me they are not interesting enough as a couple or characters to devote so much screentime to them. This baby story is so contrived. Of course April gets pregnant right at the moment when they are fighting about how they would raise their future children. Enough with the accidental pregnancies already. They are freaking doctors! I know Jackson and April are now both happy about situation, but the storyline is still not interesting.

So Leah was the one who got axed. It was to be expected and many fans are happy about it. I'm not one of them. I wasn't the biggest Leah fan, but I also found the hate she was getting very stupid. And I felt very sorry for her in that episode. Her scenes when she got fired and in the dressing room afterwards really got to me.

My guess for the finale is: either Jo and Alex get their usual 1-2 minutes worth of cute scenes or Jo will get severely hurt and Alex will be by her side, sick with worry.

Patient
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: 10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Trixie » Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Well, here we are! Again no MAC scenes and it really seems like Cristina doesn't have important relationships outside of Meredith and Owen. To say the lack of interactions between MAC is a disappointment would be an understatement. At this point it is an outrage and I'm really angry about it.


Yeah. If I needed more proof (which I don't) that the writers have totally forgotten that this show used to be about 5 interns, Cristina's exit is it. This season has been so poorly paced and Sandra's exit seems both interminable and tacked on. I wanted at least one MAC scene and a Cris/Alex scene, and for once I don't think I'm being unreasonable. What a wasted opporunity. Got to get more time in for Amelia, though.

I liked that Alex had a storyline in that episode (that scene with the little boy was incredibly cute).


That scene was the best part of the episode for me. I didn't like how Alex was veering back into jerk territory, though, and I was terrified that the Jolex drama was going to be "Alex lets the new job and money go to his head and now is a jerk to everyone including Jo." I actually joked about it beforehand because it seemed so out there, and then it started. Thank god, they cut it short. I don't know what to think about this job, though, and I don't know what a good outcome will be. He seems to want to keep it, but mentioned that he was "drowning." My guess is that there will be a big trauma next week and he will miss the excitment, etc. and want to come back, but that doesn't solve the money issue.

How long do we have to wait to find out more about Jo's anger issues? Bringing them up randomly and casually doesn't make it funny. It only gives people more reasons to hate on Jo. I've even seen people bitch about Alex's "Get out of the car before you escalate". There are a lot of people who think Jo is a crazy, violent person. And the sooner they give us more of her backstory the better for her character, I think.


Or even a real storyline outside of Alex. She is really good with Callie and I think they should delve more into that. I really wish that the writers would get a handle on Jo's character. She seemed more consistent and better written last season, but maybe thats because she got a little bit of story on her own. I do like how supportive she has been, but as always, I want more.

My guess for the finale is: either Jo and Alex get their usual 1-2 minutes worth of cute scenes or Jo will get severely hurt and Alex will be by her side, sick with worry.


And the scary thing is, I don't know which I would prefer :lol: On the one hand, I would love to see Alex worried over Jo and see a little more of the intense Alex that we all love. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "Die, Jo, die so that Alex can be set up with Amelia" comments that a situation like that will bring. A few cute scenes will be better than a breakup or out of nowhere drama, but it won't do much for over the summer discussion. So I guess, screw the haters, Jo in Jeopardy it is!!

Also, what was the point of all the marriage stuff, it doesn't seem like it will be brought up again. This season is full of plots that go nowhere (or at least the second half).

Organ Donor
User avatar
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Austria

Re: 10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Josie » Fri May 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Trixie wrote:That scene was the best part of the episode for me. I didn't like how Alex was veering back into jerk territory, though, and I was terrified that the Jolex drama was going to be "Alex lets the new job and money go to his head and now is a jerk to everyone including Jo." I actually joked about it beforehand because it seemed so out there, and then it started. Thank god, they cut it short.

I wasn't bothered too much by that. I figured Alex had a reason for acting douchy. And they resolved it in 1 episode, so I was okay with it.

Trixie wrote: My guess is that there will be a big trauma next week and he will miss the excitment, etc. and want to come back, but that doesn't solve the money issue.

I think he'll miss the excitment too. And maybe Cristina's departure will play a role in his return to the hospital. What happens to her board position and her hospital shares? I still think she'll offer it to Alex. Even though I'm not too thrilled about Alex becoming a part of the board.

Trixie wrote:And the scary thing is, I don't know which I would prefer

The scary thing is, I do know which I would prefer. Like you said, I want to see the intense Alex that we all love, and if that means that Jo gets severely hurt, I'll take it. Even though we already had that scenario with Izzie's cancer story and the s5 finale. I agree, a sudden break up or out of nowhere drama would be bad. So if it's either fluffy scenes or contrived drama, I'll take the fluffy. But my preferred story would also be Jo's life in jeopardy.

Trixie wrote:Also, what was the point of all the marriage stuff, it doesn't seem like it will be brought up again. This season is full of plots that go nowhere (or at least the second half).

That is true and very frustrating. I thought they were done with that topic once he realized that he really only made that proposal because he freaked out because of his dad. But then they brought it back in the Cristina-centric episode. Then they dropped it completely and we are left to wonder what it all meant.

Attending
User avatar
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: 10.23 - Everything I Do, Nothing Seems to Turn Out Right

Postby Diana » Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 am

Josie wrote:
Diana wrote:I'll be really, REALLY disappointed if there's no Cristina/Alex or MAC scene in this episode. Cristina has relationships with other people besides Meredith and Owen.

Well, here we are! Again no MAC scenes and it really seems like Cristina doesn't have important relationships outside of Meredith and Owen. To say the lack of interactions between MAC is a disappointment would be an understatement. At this point it is an outrage and I'm really angry about it.

If I needed more proof (which I don't) that the writers have totally forgotten that this show used to be about 5 interns, Cristina's exit is it. This season has been so poorly paced and Sandra's exit seems both interminable and tacked on.

I'm declaring myself 'officially disappointed'. I had a gut feeling we weren't going to get any MAC or C/A scene but I didn't want to believe it. I expected better. While the reason for Cristina to leave is what I wanted it to be (accepting a great career opportunity to pursue her passion and not leaving because she's running away from someone/something), it's been a bit of a letdown to see how it played out when it comes to Cristina's relationships with other characters. It bugs me because Cristina is one of my favorite characters but for some reason the writers chose to reduce her last season to being about cardio, Meredith and Owen when I feel that she is much more than that.

I suspect there will be a meaningful Alex/Cristina moment in the finale, because Sandra Oh tweeted about shooting her last scene with Justin, but that's just not enough.

I'm sure there will be a nice Alex/Cristina moment in the finale but it already feels like it's too little and too late. I wanted more of a lead up to the final goodbye.

How long do we have to wait to find out more about Jo's anger issues? Bringing them up randomly and casually doesn't make it funny. It only gives people more reasons to hate on Jo. I've even seen people bitch about Alex's "Get out of the car before you escalate". There are a lot of people who think Jo is a crazy, violent person. And the sooner they give us more of her backstory the better for her character, I think.

I agree. The writers need to give us more details about Jo's past and not use the violent situations she's been involved in as some joke. It's a disservice to the character to do that when she already carries the stigma of being one of the 'interns' (she's a resident though).

I didn't like how Alex was veering back into jerk territory, though, and I was terrified that the Jolex drama was going to be "Alex lets the new job and money go to his head and now is a jerk to everyone including Jo." I actually joked about it beforehand because it seemed so out there, and then it started.

I'll admit that I was slightly worried at the beginning of this episode that the writers were going there. I wasn't impressed in the previous episode because Alex seemed so smug and then he starts off this episode stealing surgeries and blackmailing Shane. There was that scene episode 19 where Jo was reassuring Alex that you can have money and not be a jerk, so for a moment there I thought that might’ve been foreshadowing that Alex would let the money go to his head. I’m glad that seemingly isn’t the case.

I don't know what to think about this job, though, and I don't know what a good outcome will be. He seems to want to keep it, but mentioned that he was "drowning." My guess is that there will be a big trauma next week and he will miss the excitment, etc. and want to come back, but that doesn't solve the money issue.

I don’t know if there can be a good outcome now that they’ve established that Alex likes his new job and doesn’t want to lose it. Maybe he gets fired because he isn’t bringing in enough cases and therefore money. He would be rehired at GSM but it brings back Alex’s money issues. It would be repetitive but it’s not like GA doesn’t do repetitive. Best case scenario I suppose is exactly what you say about Alex missing the excitement of a hospital but I don’t think the writers will be that kind to him. And while we’re on the subject, it was stated that Lebackes would be a recurring character but he’s only been in one episode so far. Not sure if that means the storyline changed or if he’ll be back next season for at least one more episode. It sucks though that we never really got to see Alex working at the clinic.

My guess for the finale is: either Jo and Alex get their usual 1-2 minutes worth of cute scenes or Jo will get severely hurt and Alex will be by her side, sick with worry.

And the scary thing is, I don't know which I would prefer :lol: On the one hand, I would love to see Alex worried over Jo and see a little more of the intense Alex that we all love. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "Die, Jo, die so that Alex can be set up with Amelia" comments that a situation like that will bring.

I'm not expecting much when it comes to Jolex in the finale. Camilla wrapped her scenes 3 days into the 10 day shoot. On her last day she tweeted the pic with Justin and I assume they shot a scene of Jolex at the house because they seem to be wearing PJs (Justin said on IG a few minutes later that he was in his trailer but was heading home. It was early in the day so they didn't shoot much together that day). I think the finale will naturally be focused on Cristina's farewell and the terrorist stuff is a secondary story for an "all hands on deck" situation at the hospital.

Don't even get me started on Amelia... :roll: I'm already expecting the announcement that she'll be a series regular next season to come out during the hiatus.

Return to Grey's Anatomy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest